Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Worth Seeing

There are a few movies that I've wanted to see, but have been trying to keep myself from renting.  So, I was excited to find them at the library tonight!  

The first one I popped in was Hope Springs.  I have enjoyed Tommy Lee Jones' films, so I wanted to see it. Here's my review:  SKIP IT!  I fast forwarded through over half of the movie.  I think I watched this 2 hour movie in a total of 15-20 minutes.  It was so disappointing.  The "counseling" wasn't funny (nor was any of the movie) and it was just redundant.  And I realized very quickly that I didn't want to listen to any of the counseling sessions or watch any of the couple's attempts to "fix" their problems.   

The second movie I watched (since it took so little time to watch the first) was October Baby.  I really enjoyed it.  I enjoyed the acting, story, and ending.  If you've thought about watching it, I hope you will and that you enjoy it.  I had a miscarriage before I had my daughter Autumn, so it hurts my heart deeply to think of someone choosing to abort a child.  October Baby is about a young woman who learns that she was the result of a failed abortion attempt.  This story is one of a search for identity and healing.

I am so thankful that I didn't rent Hope Springs and waste $4!  I am also thankful to have finally watched October Baby.

No comments: