Skip to main content

every girl cuts her hair

...or so I'm told! But, indeed it has now happened in our family, too. Last night, I was sitting on the floor with Autumn trimming her toenails, when I hear "Autumn cuts her hair". I looked up to see 3 inches of hair fall to the ground! Autumn had taken the toenail scissors from my little bag and cut a few locks of her hair. I said, "Oh, no!" And she burst into tears. So, I scooped her up and put her in a high chair in the kitchen and layered the hair in front of her face. Or at least I did my best. I don't think it looks too bad. When I retold the story to my mom this morning, she reminded me that Autumn had cut it before. But, unfortunately, I don't remember the first time. Although I think I'm recollecting it a little. I think it was when her hair was much shorter.
Ah, well, adventures in parenting little girls. We did go through 4 changes of clothes today and so the trend of clothes changing continues! Sami on the other hand has not mastered changing her own clothes yet--thank goodness. Otherwise, I would really have a lot of clothes to wash!

Comments

becky.onelittle said…
I realise this is really old and you may not see it, but at LEAST she cut her own hair. Nathaniel cut Travis's hair. Travis does not belong to me- I babysit him on Monday afternoons. I was soooo embarrassed when his mom came to get him! Micaela on the other hand has never cut anyone's hair.

Popular posts from this blog

Grieved

Why is it that my generation (I belong to Gen X) and generations after us always seem to think that they know more than the generations that have come before us? Why is there such a lack of respect in our generation for our elders? Why do we think that the liturgy of the church and hymns are irrelevant? It is ironic to me that the emergent movement is saying that the seeker sensitive movement is irrelevant. It seems as if it was only a few years ago when it was the seeker sensitive movement that said to the traditional church that it (the traditional church) was irrelevant. I'm reading a book with all of these big words and I want to be honest--I didn't understand a lot of it. I'm not dumb. I understood most of it, but the author was assuming a lot of background knowledge on the part of the reader. Most of the time I learn deep theological concepts and then I have to store them in my "attic" (as Autumn would say) because there isn't enough room in the ...

Missing Pieces

The other day I was discussing a book with my mom and explaining to her my concern about how "blame" is cast upon the child in the story.  My mom commented about how deeply I read and consider what is written. Sometimes I wonder if I go overboard.  Am I questioning too much?  Am I overreacting? Why am I reacting this way? I come back to knowing that God wired me this way.  But, I also reflect on how God has guided my path through the maze of books I've read over the past few years and what I've learned from the books themselves and from reading them.   Recently, I read a book that troubled me.  The book I finished reading was  Guiltless Living  by Ginger Hubbard.  When I began reading it, I found myself puzzled and then disconcerted. And in the end, I cried. But, I cried for a different reason than one might suspect. I'd like to explain. I did not read Ms. Hubbard's previous book “ Don't Make Me Count to Three ”, but I knew from f...

ESV, NIV, or NASB and then there's the ICB, ESV or NIrV...which should we read?

I am so thankful for my friend's question about the ESV vs. NASB and NIV. I couldn't remember the difference so I went to look it up. I knew that John Piper and Tim Keller, both pastors and authors that I deeply respect have switched over to the ESV. All of the churches that we have attended over the past few years PCA or Reformed Baptist have also switched to the ESV. I did find a blog that explained the differences and that helped me ( http://thefoolishgalatian.wordpress.com/2007/10/22/niv-vs-esv-and-why-piper-switched/ ) I knew why I didn't like the KJV--it was written in the days when writers were paid by a patron and that often slanted the translation. The NKJV, from what I understand, is a revision of the KJV that uses more modern language. Most churches I have attended used the NIV until the ESV came out. The blog I found explained that the ESV is a more literal translation---like the NASB. The NASB is a very literal translation. The ESV has come to be consid...