Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Grace Card Movie

If you haven't seen it, there are 2 movies that I think are definitely worth watching.  To Save a Life and The Grace Card are two recent Christian films now on DVD.  Of course, they're a bit cheesy at times, but both are good, I think.  


To Save a Life hits home for me because there's a scene in which a pastor considers expelling a student from the group because of something that happens.  The pastors of a Christian School I know of did make the decision that the pastor in the story considers.  My friend who was a part of this church had great concern about this as she watched it happen.  So, it was interesting to see this same issue come up in the movie.  I'm sorry I can't say more, but I don't want to give away any of the plot.  


The Grace Card is a good discussion of racism and stereotypes.  I would take the ideas from this movie, though, and say that they apply to all races.  Again I think this movie is a good watch for adults.  


The message on the grace card is this:  “I promise to pray for you every day, ask for forgiveness, grant you the same and be your friend always.” 


I think they are good words to remember.


Both of these movies are for adults, but if you watch them you may feel that they are also appropriate for any teenage children you have.

No comments: