Sunday, September 20, 2015

Stinky Toilet

Tonight I walked into my kids' bathroom and I was thankful...  to not have a stinky toilet anymore.  

We have lived in our house for almost 4 years and the toilet has always smelled.  I've cleaned it.  I've cleaned all around it--the walls, the floor, the tank!  Still, it stank, stunk, stinked... I know that doesn't make sense, but it really smelled!  None of the guests in our home ever mentioned it to me.  My kids admitted to me today that they were immune to it.  They hadn't noticed.  

I did.

Yesterday, we got a new toilet!  Now, I have a white toilet (rather than a turquoise blue one that was installed in 1958).  Now, I can sit on the toilet seat cover when it's down because it's strong and isn't thin plastic that will cave in if you sit on it.  It's such a little thing, yet I'm very thankful for it.  It's hard to pull a splinter out of a child's hand and have them sit on the floor or the edge of the bathtub.  It is so much easier if he or she is sitting on the lid of the toilet!  Strange as it might sound, I am thankful that my children will be able to now sit on the toilet.  

Life is hard.  It's busy and full of work.  But, I try to remember the blessings so that I can stay afloat.

In my case, that blessing today is a toilet! 

No comments: