Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Upcoming Book Reviews...

For a week, I thought I felt at a loss with no books to read and review.   It was a good loss, because my load lightened.  I was reminded of a few lessons I've learned along the way.  The biggest of which is:  Don't take on more than one heavy book at a time!  I took on too many in January...

So, here's my new list of upcoming books to be reviewed:

Two Devotionals for children--
Get Wisdom by Ruth Younts
God's Names by Sally Michael
I chose these because I like to read devotionals with my children at night--as much for them as for me.  I want to find some solid, biblical books that I don't have any concerns or reservations about.  I read several devotionals last year.  I loved The Jesus Book and Mighty Acts of God and Starr Meade's two devotionals for middle schoolers.  But, none of the others I read for elementary age children stood out to me.

Memoir--
Scars of a Chef by Rick Tromonto with Lisa Jackson
Rick went from a pit to becoming a world class chef, but more importantly he became a believer.  I started it this morning...

Crafts--
Sewing School by Amie Plumley and Andria Lisle
I have been searching for a home economics/life skills curriculum for my girls.  I've been working on a list for the past week.  I'm going to post it as a separate tab on this blog.  I'll write another post about this soon...

Parenting--
The Cleaner Plate Club, a book/cookbook for parents of picky eaters (like me!), by Beth Bader and Ali Benjamin
Sami is my ever picky eater and this book sounded interesting.  I liked the formatting of it from the preview and the premise of the book.  I'm looking forward to reading it!

No comments: