Sunday, February 12, 2012

Deleted Facebook Comment

Last night, I wrote a post about Klout and social media influence.  Just after I posted a link to the post on Facebook, I added a postscript.  The comment I posted on Facebook said something like this:

"This week I also read several articles in The Economist magazine about Facebook and the future.  The articles referred to how much Facebook tracks our online practices and how much they know about us."

This morning I checked my facebook account and the comment was deleted.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all, but this deletion makes me genuinely uncomfortable.  What else will they delete?  Is there a computer application on Facebook that automatically deletes any comments referring to Facebook?

I'm not sure what to think of this, but it does make me feel even more wary of Facebook.

No comments: