Tuesday, June 7, 2016

FishFlix

Watching movies and tv has changed drastically in the last few years.  I grew up watching public television--the main networks.  We never had cable.  It wasn't even on my radar as a kid.  Cable was an extra expense.  But, then public television went away.  ABC, NBC, CBS... they've all privatized their services for folks wanting to watch via the internet.  Yes, you can still watch some things, but not as much as you used to be able to.  The lone network I can still watch for free that I watched as a kids is PBS.  I am thankful that I can Masterpiece Theater online and other shows.

Many families have digital cable today via their internet provider or DishTv.  The other substitutes are subscription services and the outright purchasing of movies on DVD or via iTunes and Amazon. It's strange to realize how much the world of entertainment has changed in the last five years alone.

One of the companies selling movies online is FishFlix.com.  Their focus is on selling "Christian Movies to Inspire and Entertain".  I'm always looking for ideas of movies that I'm comfortable watching with my kids.  I enjoy watching things with them!  This might be a site to check out if you're interested.

If you join their email list, you do get a $5 coupon by joining here:  www.fishflix.com/5gift or you can text 5-GIFT to 44222.

No comments: