Friday, July 18, 2008

Back to School

Well, I realized yesterday it is going to be a lot harder come the end of August to talk to my friends. So, I hope that this will be a way to keep in touch. I am going to try and update it every few days. Please comment and let me know what you think about my ideas or things I share!

At the end of August, I will be starting to homeschool Autumn for Kindergarten and Sami for PreK 3. I am excited but it has begun to dawn on me what a change this is going to mean for me in my life. I am starting to think through what my schedule with be for each day. Autumn will be doing Kindergarten at home and then going to PreK-4 at the program she went to last year. It was a great time for her to be social with other kids and it is affordable. Yay, God! (only $60/yr for 2 times a week!) It is a huge blessing to us. My plan is to do Sami's PreK-3 at home during the time that Autumn is at Preschool.

Eli is doing well, but I think that 3 is much harder than 2! I am trying to figure out how to balance everything. Please pray that God would give me wisdom. The girls have been "misbehaving" more than usual and I have been shocked by some of their behaviors. It is very humbling to see them misbehave and realize that I can't just make things work out the way I want them to. I need to trust their hearts to the Lord and seek His guidance in how to mold their hearts and teach them.

I have chosen most of my curriculum, but I need to order my math and health curriculums next week. I want to write about what I'm planning to do for the year in my next post, but the girls just woke and I need to run.

No comments: