Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Facebook

So, once I had signed up for Facebook months ago, I didn't do anything with it. Then, the other day, I decided to look at it. I accepted my friends' invitations and started finding lots of old friends--friends I really wanted to know how they were. I'm funny that way, but I feel like once we're friends, we'll always be friends. We may not be as close or talk as often, but I will always care.

It has been a joy to my heart to see the children of my friends and even find one that got married last week! I rejoice with her! Amidst the struggles of raising three little ones and all of the tears that flow each day (they are after all 4,2, and 3 months), it brings a smile to me to think of all the ways God has blessed each one of us!

It's funny, but one memory has shaped much of my adult life. This is a little story...

I love my mom. She talks to everyone. She talks to the people she stands in line next to in the grocery store (I learned that from her.) She talks to people in the Doctor's offices (now I do,too.) And she even talks to people when she has had to sit and wait for the Jury Duty call at court.

Just before I got married, she had one of those days when she had to go in for Jury Duty. She sat and chatted all day with another woman. I guess that some time in the day, the lady asked for my mom's address. She gave it to her, not thinking much of it, I think. The time rolled around for my wedding and my mom brought with her a package, a gift. It was a gift for my husband and I from this woman that my mom met. Inside was a vase. We loved it! It is our favorite vase. It means a lot to me because it reminds me of who my mom is and that chance meetings give us the chance to care about others.

Well, I hear my children not taking a nap, so I need to end this little story, but it is one of my favorite stories about my mom.

No comments: