Monday, May 21, 2012

Something to think about

I was going through some of the papers I'd saved from my classroom teaching last week and came across a paper with this quote:


How We Learn
10% of what we READ
20% of what we HEAR
30% of what we SEE
50% of what we SEE and HEAR
70% of what is DISCUSSED with OTHERS
80% of what is EXPERIENCED PERSONALLY
95% of what we TEACH TO SOMEONE ELSE

~William Glasser


I often will say that it is good for children to both hear something and see the text at the same time.  This is why.  This quote also reminds me of how important it is that we engage with our students and children about their schooling.  They are far more likely to remember what they've learned if we do.  It was a good reminder for me about how important it really is to engage with my children!

No comments: