Thursday, August 7, 2008

Exhausted

I'm trying to get my plans in place for the school year and figure out how I'm going to do things. But, it's very ironic, I'm struggling to find time to figure out how I'm going to plan my time!

Basically, my plan is going to be to do all the extras with both girls in the morning (Art, Bible, Music, Science, Health, P.E., Calendar Work) then have some play time and lunch. Then, Sami is going to have some "quiet" time in her room, while I do reading, writing, and math with Autumn. Then, well have time together to play or run errands. Then, bath time and dinner. I think I will be able to work with Eli's nap times to do the homeschooling. I hope so, at least!

I'm a little worried about language arts, but I think because I feel insecure about that subject, I'm blowing it out of proportion. I feel fine about math. I just want to find some time to get my plans on paper for language arts and then I think I'll feel a lot better!

I signed the girls up for soccer for September and October and they are very excited. Then, in the spring, I plan on doing dance with Autumn and a sports mix class in the spring so that they can try several different things. I want to put Sami in a gymnastics class, but they're all pretty far from me and pretty expensive. It's a little discouraging. I think that dilemma will have to wait until next year.

2 comments:

setalam said...

Wow! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Good thing you're a go-getter!

I might send something your way that you might be interested in. There is a little packet of activities that you can use for Sami while you're focusing on Autumn...they are things that can be done autonomously and you can prepare them ahead of time and each goes into a gallon bag. I found it from urbanhomemaker.com, a great resource.

Anne said...

sounds fun! =)