Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Help For the Harried Homeschooler

Isn't that a perfect title? =) I picked up this book by Christine Field. It has a lot of things I know already, but also a lot of good reminders and tips. One succinct phrase about discipline is "The more you yell, the more you yell."

It's easy to fall into the trap of yelling. I want to put a stop to it. I know it can be done. I was encouraged to talk to a friend last night who is a veteran homeschooler and is still homeschooling two of her children. She shared with me that when her oldest two were young, she yelled for a time. But, she got through it and she isn't that way anymore. Sometimes I wonder if I can change and get out of this rut. It was encouraging to hear that I can and will. =)

The rest of the book is about balancing life with homeschooling on so many levels and making choices. It's a keeper!

No comments: