Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Leatherheads--full of fun laughs =)

So, there are definitely good movies in the world and bad movies in the world. It's so frustrating to sit through 2 hours of a movie that you keep hoping is going to get better. I think to myself, "It has an amazing cast. It has to get better!" But, then it doesn't. That was the case on Saturday night for us. We watched the Towering Inferno with Paul Newman, Faye Dunaway, and Steve McQueen among many others in it. It wasn't just cheesy. It was a bad script and just plain bad as a movie.

On Sunday night, I cajoled Chris into watching Leatherheads with me. Granted it is a football movie and he isn't the biggest fan. I'm the football fan in our family =) But, from the opening scene with a cow, you could tell this movie would just be full of fun laughs. It reminds me of Oh, Brother Where Art Thou? and John Cleese movies. Both movies star George Clooney and in both he just makes me laugh. Honestly, I like Leatherheads better than O, Brother Where Art Thou? Even if you don't like football, I think you'd like this movie. It's not really about football. There's less than 10 words of bad language probably and there's no sex in the movie. So, if you're looking for something to watch for fun--look up Leatherheads. And let me know if you like it! Hopefully, I'm making a good recommendation. =)

No comments: