Friday, July 16, 2010

Film Editing

I know that a lot of kids think that making movies would be fun.  My brother in law, Mark just finished his film degree at RIT.  He has had a natural gift and inclination to pursue film for as long as I can remember.  He has posted  his compositing reel on his website.  He has a good head on his shoulders and is looking for a job.  He explained to me when we saw him two weeks ago that a resume in film is not just a piece of paper.  It also includes a reel like this one.

Here's the reel:  
Mark Sniffen Compositing Reel 2010 from Mark Sniffen on Vimeo.

I thought it was a lot of fun to watch.  It shows how individual shots are made with computer graphics.  It was pretty amazing really.  If you have any teenagers that enjoy film, I thought they might enjoy this.  It may also make you look at wonder at the next movie you watch in the theater or the next commercial or show you watch on television.  And if you happen to know anyone in the film industry, would you please pass this link along?

I review books, not film, but I would definitely give it 5 stars if I could rate it the way I rate books.  It was easy to follow, informative, well done, and interesting to watch.

No comments: