Friday, August 30, 2013

Crazy Busy

Coffee.  I am thankful it is Friday.  I've been on a very busy, bumpy road this week.  I haven't even gotten my coffee several mornings!

Every year I forget that the first week of school is hard.  There's always papers I haven't organized or copied and books or folders I realize that I need--and don't have.  I try to be organized.  I think through my schedule ahead of time and make my master planner.  I did a lot beforehand this year.  But, as always, there were a lot of unforeseen needs that popped up each day this week.

I suspect a lot of people are like me.  We know what we should do and yet we just don't do it!  I know I need to show myself and my children grace and ease into things.  But, I just don't do it.  I put a lot of pressure on myself.  I am thankful for my children and their grace for things (and for me).  We're working out the kinks together and making adjustments.  I haven't figured out how everything is going to get done.  But, we did school work today, helped a friend, went to the library, and ate 3 meals.  Oh, and we cleaned the house this morning.

The first week of school is never easy.  Maybe I'll try and ease into it a little more gently next year...

2 comments:

Kim said...

Three meals is a win in my book! :) Hope things settle down quickly and next week moves more smoothly.

Anne said...

I hope so too :) At least we only have 3 soccer practices and not 4 this week!