Wednesday, April 29, 2009

On Wanting Things

The night before last I sat down on Sami's bed after they were in bed and asked what they were talking about. They were discussing what they would get for their little girls when they were adults.

Now I was expecting Autumn to say all the different things she doesn't have, because last week she asked for a Disney Princess dress and I explained that they are very expensive and we don't have money for them. Technically, I could probably buy her one, but then I wouldn't be able to get all the things at garage sales that I get which are far more fun for her in the long run. But, I digress.

So, I asked Autumn what she would get her little girls. She said she would get a pony castle (My Little Pony Celebration Castle) just like the one we got on Saturday at the garage sale (for $3), dress ups, Zingo (from another garage sale for $1), little people (we got the circus on Sat. for $2), and a few other toys she really liked. I was so glad that she likes the toys she has.

Then I asked Sami and she said she would get them a room, beds, doors, handles (you mean doorknobs?), a roof, and blankets. Ah, my very practical Sami =) I just couldn't help smiling and chuckling!

No comments: