Saturday, June 19, 2010

Enjoying every moment

I often think about savoring the moments with my kids.  I love to sit with Eli and just make him giggle.  I love to tell Autumn and Sami I love them and break out into a silly dance in the kitchen as they're eating breakfast and lunch.

I want to enjoy those moments.  But, life often feels so stressful trying to get them to the activities we've signed them up for.  I'm very lucky that the kids' preschool doesn't fine me if they're late the way several preschools I know of do.  I'd be in big trouble!  Sami was late more times than not last year, I think.

So often it feels very stressful trying to get them to ballet, Awanas, PE, piano, and other places.  But, I know this is their childhood and I want them have good memories of enjoying these things.  I don't want to do too much, but I do love to see their smiles after each of the activities.  I know how much they enjoy all of them.  And that makes the stress worth it to me.

Now, I just need to deal with that stress better =)  and trust the Lord that He's going to help me order my day and get me and the kids where we need to go!

No comments: