Saturday, March 7, 2009

eBay and Smoking

I have always appreciated on eBay when sellers say from a smoke-free home. I usually don't worry, though too much. But, now I will check! I bought a stuffed animal monkey for Eli on eBay just like the ones the girls have (Boyd's doesn't make them anymore) and it arrived quickly. But, it smells strongly of cigarette smoke! I forgot to check! So, now I'm trying to not waste the $11 I spent on the monkey and get the smell out. Any suggestions???

Oh, and don't forget to check for the mentioning of a "smoke-free" home the next time you buy something on eBay.

PS. OxiClean will get the smell out of clothes--but there's no way to get it out of books.

2 comments:

Kim said...

My MIL smokes, so I have to wash all the girls things when they get home. It's not too bad, so usually a trip through the washer and dryer works. Try airing it outside on a sunny day (or 2) then wash it with vinegar and your regular detergent. Let it soak for about 30 minutes in the washer.Also, I put the snuggles inside a pillow case and tie the end. Hope that helps.

Anne said...

it does =) Thanks!