Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Random Thoughts

We went to some friends' house on Saturday night and had a good discussion about whether or not you can lose your salvation. One memorable thought that one of our friends shared was something he'd heard John MacArthur say--that if it were up to me, I'd lose my salvation every day. The other thought that hit me really hard was when I realized that our salvation is synonymous with God's love to me--I can't lose his love nor can I lose my salvation--the gift he has given to me.

"For God so LOVED the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Next note...
Last night, Ravi Zacharias was discussing our secular society and what that means for Christians. He had a great quote when he described talk show hosts as always learning, but never understanding. Hmm... Insightful, we thought.

Last note...
Eli started sleeping through the night a little over a week ago. Yay, God!

And now, I must run up and get him and the girls and get started with my day.

Oh, and last praise, Sami ate her one mushroom and little tiny bite of kale in under 15 minutes last night (more than 10, but less than 15). Praise God! Little steps, little steps...

No comments: