Friday, January 1, 2010

Very Funny Chick Flick Clip...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m3TQ7D9KX5Y3ZY
We watched this clip last night on Amazon. It really was funny. It's from a movie called He's Just Not that Into You. I didn't want to want to watch it when it came out because of the title. I just didn't think I'd like it. But, it turned out that I loved it. There is definitely a lot of language I could do with out and a few scenes (hold onto the remote), but I LOVED the end! In the middle, my husband (who I actually got to watch it with me and he enjoyed it) turned to me and asked me if it did end okay. I told him--yes--the end is my favorite part.

A few weeks ago, while mired down amidst taking care of the kids, Molly, our house, and my husband, I was just getting through each day. My husband came home and told me about how he had related the story of our engagement/proposal/dating to a gal and I could tell that he (and the gal) thought it was a great story. At the time, I couldn't see it. It didn't seem particularly romantic to me, just pretty normal, I suppose.

But, I watched the end of this movie and there is a scene that is very romantic and genuine and it made me feel the way my husband did when he told our story about when he proposed to me and about our engagement. That was a blessing to me.

I can't give a blanket recommendation on the movie without warning you that there really is a lo of bad language in it (not really much more than other movies these days though) and there are a few sex scenes, but they don't show much. But, if you've seen it or if you do see it, I'd be really curious to know what you think about it.

Either way, watch the clip, you'll really laugh!

No comments: