Sunday, May 9, 2010

Chinese Food and Mother's Day Traditions

Today we were out and about and we decided to go to Chinese food at our favorite place for lunch.  I discovered from Autumn that this is where we went last year.  I did not remember at all.

We told the girls we were going to Chinese food and she said, "Oh, so, you'll get a chocolate strawberry, Mommy."

I was very confused.  I asked Chris why she thought that and he didn't know.  So, I asked her.

Her answer was because I did last year.

What a memory!

We love to go to the Chinese restaurant because our kids behave and they all like to eat the food--no complaints.  That's a wonderful thing not to hear =)

At the end of the meal, we each got our fortune cookies--and I did get a chocolate strawberry =)

Sami's fortune was this:

You are a bundle of energy always on the go.

I'm not kidding.  It really was her fortune!  I think that sentence perfectly sums up Sami.

I am thankful for my kids and for my husband.  Life may not always go the way I want it and it may be harder than I wish it was, but I don't think life is every easy =)  I am blessed to have all 4 of them in my life.

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Happy Mother's day to you,too! And did they see Sami coming, or what?! Love it.