Friday, May 14, 2010

not alone

Today I went to the girls' P.E. class and was talking with a new friend just as the class was letting out.  I was struck by several things as she shared with me about her week.


I often think that I am alone in my struggles.  I was reminded that I'm not the only one to walk through struggles like mine.  I totally understood about her week--without her saying very much.  I understood--because that's been my week, or should I say past few weeks.


I drove home desiring to pray for this friend--this kindred spirit-- this week.  I want to pray a verse each day for her and me.  I thought I might share them here.  I don't know if they might encourage you, but maybe they will.


So, here's verse #1...


Psalm 23:1-3 ESV


1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
 
2He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
 
3He restores my soul.



I often want--I miss things from my past that I can no longer have.  It's sometimes things as silly as getting to dance.  I miss it so deeply!  I didn't realize at the time that these things would go away and I wouldn't get to do these things again.  So, I struggle with the "not want(ing)".  


My prayer today is for a few moments peace in which we can sit with the Lord and He can charge our batteries back up.  My prayer is also that we wouldn't want to be anywhere but under the Lord's guidance and in His will.

No comments: