Skip to main content

Bible Storybook Audio!

This past November Crossway published a new edition of The Big Picture Bible with 2 audio cds that give a full reading of the text. I loved the original edition so I was very excited that they were making a new edition that would include audio to accompany it. 


My girls are 5 and 7 and enjoyed the recording as we listened to it in the car yesterday. The recording is made to read the story Bible while listening so it has a small bell sound after each page to signal the child to turn the page. I think this Story Bible is best for 4-6 year olds. With the audio, it would be a great nap time diversion for children who need to spend some time in their room while younger siblings nap (like mine do). The voice on the audio is very easy to listen to. At times it almost seems a little slow, but if you are reading along, it's a good tempo. We were listening to it without the book last night, so that was why it seemed a little slow with the beeps for turning the pages. 


The Story Bible gives children a great view of what the Bible is all about--rather than teaching the stories from the Bible as isolated stories. It really helps children understand that the Bible is all about God's plan. A friend just mentioned to me that her pastor preached a sermon about this last week.  I think it's wonderful to help children understand this at such an early age.


The other edition is still available on Amazon without the audio, but I'd really recommend getting the edition with the audio for just a few more dollars instead. 


Please note that I received a complimentary copy of this book from Crossway for review.


These are our Favorite Story Bibles Per Ages:


Ages 1-3:  Read Aloud Bible Stories by Ella Lindvall (volumes 1-4)
Ages 2-4:  Read and Share Bible (now in 2 volumes with DVDs)
Ages 4-6:  The Big Picture Story Bible by David Helm
Ages 6-10:  Mighty Acts of God by Starr Meade

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison of Verses

Tonight I was reading the Mom's Bible again (NCV) and compared this verse: NCV Ephesians 5:22-24 22 Wives, yield to your husbands, as you do to the Lord, 23 because the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ is the head of the church. And he is the Savior of the body, which is the church. 24 As the church yields to Christ, so you wives should yield to your husbands in everything. NIV Ephesians 5:22-24 22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. The Message 22-24 Wives, understand and support your husbands in ways that show your support for Christ. The husband provides leadership to his wife the way Christ does to his church, not by domineering but by cherishing. So just as the church submits to Christ as he exercises such leadership, wives should likewis...

Grieved

Why is it that my generation (I belong to Gen X) and generations after us always seem to think that they know more than the generations that have come before us? Why is there such a lack of respect in our generation for our elders? Why do we think that the liturgy of the church and hymns are irrelevant? It is ironic to me that the emergent movement is saying that the seeker sensitive movement is irrelevant. It seems as if it was only a few years ago when it was the seeker sensitive movement that said to the traditional church that it (the traditional church) was irrelevant. I'm reading a book with all of these big words and I want to be honest--I didn't understand a lot of it. I'm not dumb. I understood most of it, but the author was assuming a lot of background knowledge on the part of the reader. Most of the time I learn deep theological concepts and then I have to store them in my "attic" (as Autumn would say) because there isn't enough room in the ...

Missing Pieces

The other day I was discussing a book with my mom and explaining to her my concern about how "blame" is cast upon the child in the story.  My mom commented about how deeply I read and consider what is written. Sometimes I wonder if I go overboard.  Am I questioning too much?  Am I overreacting? Why am I reacting this way? I come back to knowing that God wired me this way.  But, I also reflect on how God has guided my path through the maze of books I've read over the past few years and what I've learned from the books themselves and from reading them.   Recently, I read a book that troubled me.  The book I finished reading was  Guiltless Living  by Ginger Hubbard.  When I began reading it, I found myself puzzled and then disconcerted. And in the end, I cried. But, I cried for a different reason than one might suspect. I'd like to explain. I did not read Ms. Hubbard's previous book “ Don't Make Me Count to Three ”, but I knew from f...