Friday, August 29, 2008

God's protection for little children...

Oh, my goodness, my little Sami! Everyone says to me, well now you have a boy! As if a boy is going to be the one in our family getting into all the mischief. Every time someone says that to me, I reply, "Ah, but you don't know Sami."

My little Sami. She is exuberant and willful. She has a mind that gets set on things and she goes after them. So determined! And yet, also so disobedient. It is interesting because her disobedience is not rooted in any meanness or intent to disobey me, per say. It is rooted simply in her desire to do whatever it is that she has her mind and heart set on!

Yesterday, we were at the farmer's market. She didn't stay with Autumn, Eli, and me, but went around the other side of the car, stepped on some broken glass and needed to be bandaged up. Ay Ay Ay! Thank goodness for the kindness of friends who helped me juggle everything.

This week, she has
1. Poured soap from Chris' head and Shoulder's bottle into the bath tub--to make bubbles for the fish to eat. I'm not sure if she drank any of the water with bubbles or not.
2. Opened our toothpaste (again not sure if she ate any), attempted to open the listerine, and emptied out the dental floss while "going to the potty".
3. I can't even remember number three right now. I'm tired =) But, somehow, I remember there to be several more things. Oh, yes, she climbed where she was told not to in Duke's Lagoon at Dutch Wonderland and fell.

There is a reason why she is my child who broke her foot at 18 months old simply running down the hall!

I am thankful for God's protection of my child. And I pray that I will be able to help her learn that when Mommy says "NO!" there is a very good reason why!

So, for now, I am trying to help her learn that she must obey and follow directions in even the little things. I have to find the strength in the Lord to stand firm with her moment by moment and help her to learn that it is important to do what she is told to do. It takes a lot of energy!

And when do I get to sleep??? Maybe next year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray--now I can comment! I have felt so thankful for God's protection over our kids, too. There is no way we can be everywhere at once, and Stephen has fallen off beds or in the tub right before my eyes (how in the world?!) Sami sure is a bundle of curious energy :) I would be so overwhelmed if I didn't believe that the Lord loves these kids more than I do, and He watches over them with perfect vigilance... by the way, I am contemplating a blog of my own...I will keep you posted :)

becky.onelittle said...

I'm back up and blogging after my summer vacation ;) I just want to say that in my family the boys somehow manage to amaze us almost daily. We've had two broken collar bones, a beat up pick up truck (never leave your tools out), several water episodes (Nathaniel once fell into a river while sitting between my mom and I on a concrete step), and a sliced open head (they were "axing" a tree with shovels, and he got in the way). I won't try to think of anymore- but maybe it's because there's three of them? God is certainly watching over all of mine!

becky.onelittle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne said...

So, I'm definitely not alone =)