Sunday, September 7, 2008

lessons for the mommy

This week has been a good one. Challenging, but good. I've learned far more than I expected. But, I've had far more learning to do than Autumn has, I think. I have learned a lot about homeschooling and how I need to change things for next week and adjust to who she is and where she is at developmentally.

At the end of the week, these are my conclusions...
* I'm going to shorten our reading and math lessons.
* Everything needs to be in the morning and not the afternoon.
* Their alarm is going to be set for 7:30 am instead of 7:00 am and if Sami wakes first, I'm going to tell her not to wake up Autumn.
* They are going to go back to having quiet nap/reading time in their rooms after lunch. I need a break =) and I'm running out of steam.

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can remember right now!

No comments: