Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Leap Pad

Generally in our house, we stay away from electronic toys, but I was curious--like the cat. =) And like the cat, I've suffered the same fate =)

Leap Pads. Before I begin, are there any tricks that make them easier to use? Please let me know.

I've seen the leap pad toy around for a long time. We have the fridge magnets, which we love, and the letter factory/word factory videos (which are wonderful!), but the leap pad seems like a really poorly designed toy. The pages have to sit exactly so, so that the pad will pick up the right page to give the right words. That's a little tricky for a 2-4 year old and even for many 5 year olds! I am thankful. I have to be honest. I actually bought it at a garage sale, because I was curious about it. I paid $3 and it came with 4 books. The one I bought is in very good shape--I don't buy toys that aren't. I know that this toy is going to seriously frustrate my girls.

As a side note, I tried to go online and give feedback to LeapFrog and their website won't allow it. You can only join a discussion forum. Hmmm.. So they don't want direct feedback?

No comments: