Thursday, January 1, 2009

a long time coming...

So many thoughts are bouncing around in my head, but the first is this. My little girl, Autumn, has beautiful long hair. Tonight she decided to cut it. Thankfully, I don't think it's irreparable, but it made me sad to see that she had cut it. It's been a long, long time (3 years, I think) since she last did it. So, tomorrow we will be off to the mall to get her hair cut.

Christmas has past and now New Year's Day is done. I just finished a book that I very much enjoyed. I suppose that's a good way to start off the year. Pizza for dinner (no cooking for mommy) and a good book =) and a snippet of the Rose Bowl, where USC won.

So, last night we watched a good movie. It was called Ghost Town. Not exactly Christian in theology at all, but you know, I enjoyed it. And my husband enjoyed it too. I don't even know the last time I was able to get him to sit through a romantic comedy, but he did this time. There is some inappropriate language in it, but the humor was pretty British and I expected that. It's a bit like the humor of the show "The Office". So, if you enjoy the office, I would recommend this movie. It was definitely funny and there were some great lines in it.

I'm tired. I think I'm always tired. Last week was exhausting over Christmas and I feel like I'm catching up, but not quite there yet. I suppose that means I should stop rambling and head to bed instead, then. Maybe I'll be able to catch up some day.

Oh, one more thing. My husband got a new used car last week. I really like it, but now we call it his "truck", aka Knox. It's a small SUV but it drives like a truck! And that's a great thing for guys who like trucks but need the space of a car =) It's a Chevy Equinox. It's getting 25 mpg, which is pretty good for an SUV, and almost equal to a lot of sedans we looked at. I really like his car. But, most of all, I am so thankful to be a 2 car family again!! We sold his Corolla back in July and at first it was only slightly inconvenient. But, recently he realized that motorcycles really cannot be ridden all year, that he didn't want to ride the train all winter with lots of sick people, and he didn't really want to walk to the train station in freezing weather. So, we went back to two cars and I'm really, really glad--because now I get to keep my car =) and I won't be left without a car like I would have whenever he needed to drive to work. I am very thankful!

So, I guess those are my thoughts for now. I'm sure I have many more, but my brain must still be on Christmas vacation!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Did you get her hair fixed? Aren't children great!;)