Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bugs eating the house

Yesterday, a dear friend informed me that it's termite mating season, so I need to watch out and not let them get in the house. I freaked out! Truly, I really freaked out. I don't know why, but the idea of termites unnerves me so much!

So, I'm fixing lunch for my girls.
This is how the conversation went...
My sweet girls said," Well, Mommy, we need to pray."
"I can't pray right now. I need to calm down first."
"Well, we'll pray...(commence praying) Dear God, please kill the bad bugs. And please keep them from eating our house. Amen"
"Okay, Mommy?"
"Please be quiet girls, I'm still stressed."
"Let's pray again..."and the prayer commences again...

Dear sweet girls, praise God that they know what to do--to turn to God for their strength and comfort even at 3 and 5!

I told my husband this story and he burst out laughing at the "Please kill all the bugs. and Please keep them from eating our house" bit. =)

The aftermath--after I had freaked out for an hour--was that I had to go outside. And there weren't any around--just maybe one or two. The concern is when there's a lot. That's a bad sign. So, my heart calmed down. We do have a termite warranty on our house and it gets inspected every year. I just get so anxious sometimes! =)

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOL That is a great prayer. Can you have them add the ants in my kitchen!;) Be at peace. You have the warranty and a yearly inspection. Any damage (if there ever is any) will be caught early and fixed cheaply! You were very wise to get the termite warranty.