Wow. So, 2 weeks ago, my husband showed me how to use the weedeater. I had always been afraid of it, but I realized I just had to get over my fear. So, For the past week and a half, I've been weedeating almost every day for a half hour to an hour when the kids go to sleep either during their afternoon nap or at night. I've been trying to edge our yard and we have these tall grasses that have invaded all the borders of our yard. Eek! I can't believe how long this is taking me! We only live on 1/4 acre! And I'm still not done. It seems so silly! I got a half an hour in at 8:10 until 8:40 and then it started raining. I still have about 1/4 of the fence left. All the edging is done--thank goodness. Now just to finish that last section of grasses along the fence!! If only it would stop raining long enough for me to do it =)
Why is it that my generation (I belong to Gen X) and generations after us always seem to think that they know more than the generations that have come before us? Why is there such a lack of respect in our generation for our elders? Why do we think that the liturgy of the church and hymns are irrelevant? It is ironic to me that the emergent movement is saying that the seeker sensitive movement is irrelevant. It seems as if it was only a few years ago when it was the seeker sensitive movement that said to the traditional church that it (the traditional church) was irrelevant. I'm reading a book with all of these big words and I want to be honest--I didn't understand a lot of it. I'm not dumb. I understood most of it, but the author was assuming a lot of background knowledge on the part of the reader. Most of the time I learn deep theological concepts and then I have to store them in my "attic" (as Autumn would say) because there isn't enough room in the ...
Comments