Saturday, March 13, 2010

Good Quote...

Tonight I have been reading Homeschooling at the Speed of Life by Marilyn Rockett. I am enjoying it. What I really wanted to share was a quote from her book that hit me tonight...

"Being a wife and mother, keeping a God-honoring home, and homeschooling your children will teach you to trust solely in the Lord more than any book or seminar. When you commit to persevere, He will honor that commitment and lift you up to fulfill your mission." p. 36

Right before that, Ms. Rockett includes this quote from Keep a Quiet heart by Elisabeth Elliot:
"God is not all we would ask for (if we were honest), but it is precisely when we do not have what we would ask for, and only then, that we can clearly perceive His all-sufficiency. It is when the sea is moonless and the Lord has become my light."

I know that I am not very good at truly trusting the Lord. I get frazzled by all I need to get done and the weight of all of these things--they are weighty because I'm not taking them to the Lord. Right now, there is a smell in my basement--I have no idea why. I've checked the whole floor. I even pulled back the computer desk and pulled up a large section of carpet--and there was no moisture underneath (thank goodness!). There is simply so much humidity in my basement and I think that the smell from when the water was in the carpet (before it got fixed a week and a half ago) has just stayed. Ugh! I have been overwhelmed today and burdened. Emotionally I've been drained as well because of some family issues. How quickly I want to give up! These quotes reminded me tonight of what I really need to remember.

My house is not in the state that I would ask for nor are some things in my family what I would hope for. But, I am beginning to see--and have the opportunity to see and walk with the Lord through all of this.

And now, I'm off to sleep! The clocks are already turned ahead. =)

No comments: