Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Yesterday, I was determined that my children would semi coordinate in their clothes and their hair would be done and we might even get to church on time. But, my mother's day reminded me of just what motherhood is--challenging, fun, frustrating, patience stretching, and loving all at the same time.

On Saturday, a woman had made a comment to me about a knot being in the back of Sami's hair. Indeed there was a large knot--which meant Sami's hair was too long and she needed a hair cut.

So, Sunday morning at 7 am I cut Eli's hair as he was eating in his high chair and then I thought I'd do Sami's. Why did I add that stress right then into my life? No idea. But, I did. I gave up after a few minutes and left half of her hair to be cut a little later (which I did about 20 minutes later when breakfast had started cooking). I did a super quickie hair cut and it seemed pretty even, thank goodness.

But, then there was the dressing and putting on the clothes. Autumn saying, But I don't want to wear that--that's not my favorite. And me saying, I am picking the clothes today. They have an answer for everything!

Still, I love my children and my husband and can't imagine life without them. I definitely learned one thing, though. It's okay to eat chinese out with the kids, but not sushi. Chris and I ordered some sushi, but you need to eat that slowly and savor it--not exactly something easy to do when you have a 5, 3, and 1 year old sitting with you =)

So, that was my Mother's Day. Oh, and I took Molly to puppy kindergarten. That was humbling in itself. We missed two classes. I felt shame that Molly could not do what the other dog could. When am I going to have time to train her? Thankfully, my husband does most of that, but I know I need to find some time to reinforce it too.

Ah, being a mom =)

3 comments:

Kim said...

From one Mom to another, Happy Mother's Day! I hope you did enjoy your day. You deserve it.

Anne said...

I did. On Saturday night when my husband said he had cards for me, I was so glad =) And my mother's day gift is that I get to call a photographer to get a family picture taken. =)

Anne said...

I hope you had a happy Mother's day too!! =)