Saturday, May 9, 2009

Something I always wanted =)

You'll laugh. But, there's something I've always wanted.

It's one of those magnets with all the cartoon faces and you put a frame on the one you are. I have never known where to get one. I've also never told anyone (!) that I wanted one.

So, such a fun thing happened. My husband bought a Mother's Day card for the girls to give me. It had one of those magnets in it! Except it was a special one for moms. It's pink and it has a happy mom, a stressed mom, an ordering in tonight mom, an eating out tonight mom, an I'm cooking mom, etc. It is fun =) and just what I've always wanted!

But, my husband was very wise about something--and I'm going to remember this. He had the girls sign the card after dinner tonight and then gave it to me right afterwards, or rather right after their bath. He knew that they wouldn't be able to keep a secret for even 10 minutes about what the card was right (just like their Mommy and secrets). As she was getting into the bathtub, Autumn immediately wanted to tell me about it. She couldn't wait. I told her not to tell me and that we would open it right after they got dressed.

But, I am going to remember this for Father's Day. There is no way that my girls will be able to keep a secret for even a day from their Daddy. They won't be able to wait to tell him for even 10 minutes!

What a wise husband I have.

No comments: