Wednesday, May 27, 2009

In N Out

I miss it. And I miss LA. I know a lot of people would think I'm crazy for that, but I do. It's where I grew up. There's a longing in my heart to go see the places that I have enjoyed in my life and a growing fear that I won't get to see them again. There are places and people that mean a lot to me--that when I think about I miss quite a lot. I know my husband thinks I'm crazy for missing LA--he's not a city person, but rather a country boy. But, I do. I haven't been back in 7 years. I have always been thankful to be wherever God has put me and generally very content, but there's a little piece of me that still misses the places I have loved.

The place that we all grow up in has a very special place of comfort in our hearts, I think. It holds many memories of security and familiarity--even if it changes over the years. It is the place of our first roots. The things, people, and places that remain still hold those memories. I am thankful to the Lord every day for the experiences he has given me and the places he has allowed me to live and the people he has brought into my life =)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I know just how you feel. Every once in a while I miss going to Rodeos, football nights, and wide open spaces. I love living here, but, in my heart, Texas will always be "home."