Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lessons

Life isn't easy for anyone. Sometimes I think Satan tries to convince me that it's easier for everyone else and that I should be jealous of others. But, one of Satan's greatest tricks is to twist what we know to be true and to lie to us. I think Satan tries to tell us that life should be easy.

I met a woman at church today who's marriage is in a rough spot. She has 4 children and I think she feels that she's at the end of her rope and alone. I mentioned the small group that we host each week in our home. She commented that she hopes we'll be able to keep it up--inferring that we might not be able to with 3 kids.

Three kids and a puppy has been really hard for me, but I have realized that God has gotten me through each day. I was convicted this morning in church that at times I have looked at my children as burdens. I have been focusing on me, rather than them. So, I had just been convicted of this and then this woman poured out her burdens to me.

I felt compassion and sympathy for what she is struggling to cope with. But, it convicted me all the more about how I view my children and my responsibilities. Will I accept that they are what they are and will I do well with what God has entrusted to me? Or will I become more and more stooped under the weight of what I perceive to be the burdens I must carry.

I am thankful that I don't have to work part time and that I can be home full time. I realize that this would really make life tricky for me and for my family. I am thankful too that I am homeschooling! Yesterday, a couple we had over for breakfast asked why we homeschool. My husband succinctly said that it is because we feel we can give our children a better education at home. If we didn't, then we wouldn't do it. BUT, I realized that homeschooling is a blessing not only for them but also for us. I'm not running them to and from school every day and trying to get them to do their homework after school every day while still trying to fit in Bible study, dance, and music!

Just a few thoughts and lessons I'm learning. =)

No comments: