Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cutting Hair

Last year, Autumn cut her hair and Sami's hair. It took an entire year (or maybe 2) to grow out. It still gives me a bit of a nightmare =( It was so sad. I know it sounds probably sounds silly.

I had talked to Autumn about not cutting her doll's hair, but tonight I walked down the stairs to discover that in fact she had--cut her doll's hair. A big chunk in fact. =( So, tonight I went about cutting the rest to make it semi even. It's so short comparatively.

Why do our kids do what we tell them not to do... I know they will, but wouldn't it be nice if they didn't?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

My son cut my daughters hair a few months ago and I was also very sad. I told him that I was very disappointed in his behavior and that it was clear to me that he was unable to use scissors appropriately without adult supervision. I removed the scissors from his room and told him he would only be allowed to use them in the presence of an adult. There have been no further hair cutting incidences and he now gets our permission before using the scissors, under our supervision.