Monday, February 15, 2010

The things Sami likes

I asked Sami on Sunday what she most likes to do. This was her answer...

I like games and I like to watch tv (which we don't do a lot of actually).

Then, she said...

And I empty the trash because I know it's important.

She was so sincere when she said it. She took full responsibility for emptying the trash.

Do you feel like that a lot of days? I do. I know it's important that I clean, so I do it. Today I spent the day cleaning the entire upstairs and tomorrow the downstairs is on the agenda. I just don't have time regularly to do a lot of cleaning, so I do the basics each week and a deep clean twice a year. Usually, I spread it out over a week, but for some reason, I just want to get it done! So, I pushed really hard today. I knew I hadn't dusted in a long, long time! I even washed walls and dabbed paint where it had been scraped off. I put polyurethane on the window seat where Molly had worn it away. I put a coat of butcher block oil on the counter, cleaned the refrigerator, washed the drapes...

And now, I'm tired. And I still have to do the basement! At least, my house will be clean when it's all done...at least until I have to do all the deep cleaning again in another 6 months =)

We did just the essentials for homeschooling that couldn't be put off--spelling pretest, 2 writing lessons from Writing with Ease, piano lesson, and a math page. I better go to sleep now so I can get up in the morning again and clean to my heart's content =)

No comments: