Saturday, February 27, 2010

Great is thy Faithfulness...

Great is thy faithfulness. Oh, God, my father. Your mercies are new every morning...

...and every evening...and every moment.

It's been a doozy of a two day stretch. It all began yesterday morning when I was sitting writing my blog entry for my making things stretch blog. I had a feeling that I was going to be needing to trust God very soon. Little did I know.

I found water in my basement. A good size portion of my carpet was soaked. And so the journey began. I called the waterproofing company that did the job and someone is coming out Monday afternoon. I began the task of moving 3 huge IKEA bookcases and pulling up the carpet and the pad underneath. Then, I set about figuring out how to help it dry and putting fans out. Then I went to Lowe's and bought a sump pump for outside.

I went to my friend Kim's house for dinner--which was a huge blessing. I was exhausted. I came home and did our taxes and then shot an email to one of the elders of the church we attend asking for prayer as I tackled the sump pump.

He called this morning and offered to come by and do it for me. I took him up on it. He realized though that when he got here and saw the pit, it wouldn't do what I needed it to do. So, he said he'd make some phone calls and get back to me this evening.

This afternoon a friend from church brought me soup and muffin mix for dinner. It was truly such a blessing to me and Autumn loved the alphabet soup!

The elder from church did call later and I wasn't too worried. But, then an hour later, I went to check on the other sump pump that I had been avoiding checking and discovered water on the front wall too. No puddle though because the waterproofing system was doing what it was supposed to there.

I was so upset. I didn't have any idea of what that meant or what would have to be done. I cried and called a friend who's a contractor, but he was out. I left a message for the man from church and he called me back a bit later. He said he was coming over with another man from church who does waterproofing.

They were over in a half an hour. And they set my mind at ease. I understand my house a lot better now and I will be able to sleep not thinking that it's going to fall a part. Matt, the waterproofing fellow, said the system we had put in the house 2 1/2 years ago is a good one and at that crack, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to.

These past few weeks have been a doozy. I'm tired. 8 weeks down, 3 to go. 2 blizzards, 3 kids with pneumonia, everyone with the stomach bug (2 kids and me even at the same time), water in my basement... I think I need to go to sleep. But, I'm thankful for the Lord's provision. He has given me the strength I've needed even when I don't want it and I just want to give in to myself and cry. He has provided people to help me--people who will come right over and make time. I am blown away by this! I have been blown away by how God has taken care of my family during these past few weeks.

Now I really need to go to sleep. Thank you my friends for your prayers.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh my! Hugs and prayers for you in this challenging season.

Kim said...

I'm so glad to hear all of this. You, and your children, are very much loved by very many people. I will continue to pray for you.