Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Birthdays

My girls will be 6 and 4 very soon and Eli is now 1 1/2. It's amazing to look at Autumn and hear her talk. She talks so differently now. Sami mimics everything she says. But, she's looking older too. They both want to be helpful and help me. I am thankful for this.

I am reading a book about prayer that I mentioned on my other blog called A Praying Life. I was struck last night as I read it (which it is very good by the way!) that I have gotten out of the habit of praying for my children. I am so BUSY! that I have separated my daily actions from walking with the Lord. I'm not in the habit of asking God about the little things. I need to get back into that habit. And I need to get back into the habit of praying more for the kids and their hearts. It's a lot more important than a lot of things I could be doing with my time =)

1 comment:

Kim said...

You don't need to ask him about the little things. He is right there in them. He works through you to bless your husband and children. The angels smile when you "do your job"...even if it is just to change a diaper or wipe a nose. :)