Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Man Worth Far More Respect than I realized...

First, I have to say, "wow." I feel like a kid saying that, but I had no idea growing up what the big deal was about Chuck Norris. Then, over the past few years I started hearing about these internet rumors about him and I didn't understand the fascination. I think I got a clue about all of that in reading this book.

This book is a collection of Chuck Norris's 101 favorite internet rumors about himself. I learned a lot of interesting things about Chuck Norris in this book. First, his first name is Carlos--he got nicknamed Chuck in armed forces. He got married 10 years ago (He is now 69) and has twin 8 year old boys. He loves God. A lot. And he loves his family and this country.

With each rumor, he shares either a story about his life or some of his perspective about life. He does talk about God a lot in this book which was very interesting to me.

I realized as I read this book that I really had known nothing (!) about Chuck Norris before I read this book. And now, I've learned a lot. Honestly, I can say that I'm glad that I read this book and I know about 10 people that I want to tell about this book right away--because I think they'll genuinely enjoy it.

Note: I did receive this book as a complimentary copy from Tyndale Publishing. But, I definitely would have bought it on my own!

The perfect place for this book: In the bathroom, so that when you can shut the door and steal a few minutes of peace away from the kids-- you can sit, laugh, and read something light, funny, and encouraging!

No comments: