Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Being a Book Blogger...

I enjoy reading. And I know it's good for me. I was just notified by one of the publishers that I review books for that I will need to state in my reviews that the copies of the books I've read have been complimentary. It's a new regulation from the Federal Trade Commission.

My husband thought this might change folks opinions of the reviews they read on my blog and elsewhere, but I wanted to share some things with you.
1) I only read books I want to. I choose them.
2) If a book is bad or if I don't like it or I have a concern, I will say so. There is no motivation for me to be untruthful in this. On the contrary, there is motivation for me to be truthful--I desire to walk rightly before the Lord and walk with integrity and honesty.

It is an interesting thing about the books I've read and reviewed on this blog--some of them might not have been my first choice for reading material--rather my second choice--but God has used them in huge ways in my heart and mind to challenge and encourage me (others I would definitely have bought myself as my first choice of reading material). The books I have received through these programs have been such a blessing to me (moms rarely buy things for themselves).

Anyways, I just wanted to share this with y'all and let you know.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I think your review record speaks for itself. I doubt people will become suspicious by this "new" disclosure. (If it involved compensation, then people might be suspicious!)Keep up the good work and enjoy your reading.