Friday, November 27, 2009

Great Christmas Bible StoryBook and DVD!


A few months ago, I received the Read And Share Bible for Autumn and I wrote a review of it that I posted it on this blog. I'm not sure exactly what I wrote--but we have loved this Bible Story Book! It is very biblical and has really caused me to think about what the Bible says and what it doesn't.

I don't have the DVD version of the Bible, but have been curious about it. So, I was very excited to receive a copy of The Christmas Story storybook from Thomas Nelson. It includes a DVD with a sampling of the stories on the Read and Share DVD Bible.

This storybook is a larger sized storybook than the read and share Bible that includes the stories about Zecharias, Elizabeth, and John, as well as the stories about Mary, Joseph, and Jesus' birth. My 6 year old enjoyed the pages at the end which ask you to tell the story with the pictures (which are out of order). The stories on each page tell a story (they don't have to be combined all together and then put in order).

We all enjoyed the storybook and then really enjoyed the DVD. I think it's a very tricky thing to do--to bring to life the stories from the Bible without reading into them and adding details that aren't there. But, Thomas Nelson does a great job with the stories that are in this DVD. I highly recommend this book--the storybook and the DVD!

No comments: