Monday, February 23, 2009

Adventures with Molly

On Friday afternoon, Molly came home with us from the breeder. She is a beautiful Golden Retriever Puppy. She is almost 8 weeks old. She is very sweet and playful. One of my friends at church on Sunday said she was looking forward to reading about our adventures in puppydom on my blog. Well, here's the first lesson I learned (aptly at 1 am this morning).

#1 Turn off the house security alarm before you take the puppy out to go potty. =)

You can guess what happened this morning at 1 am. =) at my house.

That lesson is very obvious. And although I get up 2-3x a night to feed Eli, getting up with a puppy is harder I discovered. It takes more cognition to remember to turn off the alarm. And unfortunately, Eli was on his way to sleeping through the night. Obviously, he woke up. I won't forget to do that again!

Well, my load just got a lot bigger between my 10 month old, 3 year old and 5 year old and homeschooling, so I need to run, but that's the first lesson I've learned.

I have a lot of things I want to post that our vet told us, but I will save them for tomorrow =) He's great. He's a traveling vet and has appointments on Sundays so my husband will be able to be there. So much easier than trying to take a puppy and 3 kids into a vet's office! Thanks God =) for making that easier on me.

No comments: