Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pampers and Diaper Rash

Eli has had diaper rash for several months now. Rather than medicating for it, I have had several friends recommend trying a different type of diapers. I was a little skeptical, but I thought I'd give it a try. I just switched Eli to Pampers fulltime a few weeks ago. I had been using Pampers at night time (the ultra absorbant Cruisers) and Luvs during the day until I used up all the Luvs I had. I'd seen some difference with the nighttime diapers so I swallowed my frugality and bought Pampers to use during the daytime for him. (Pampers cost 30-40% more than Luvs per case at BJ's). So, here's the good news: The Diaper Rash is GONE! My friends were right--thanks friends =)

YAHOO!!!

I'm left thinking two things. 1) The cost of the diapers is worth it in the long run because I won't have to put cream and antifungal cream or hydrocortisone cream on his bottom. 2) I feel so bad that I didn't try switching when Sami was a baby and had horrible diaper rash. =( I feel bad for that.

No comments: