Friday, July 10, 2009

Cookbooks and God's Grace

I have been dreading today all week. I was not looking forward to Molly's spaying. But, from the beginning of my day, God showed me grace that I didn't deserve. But, of course, that is what grace is, isn't it? =) So, let me start at the beginning.

Molly couldn't have any food after midnight last night. I was careful to keep it from her. I had to go change Eli's diaper so I left my food at the back of the counter. Just as I finished him up, I heard the sound of my plate in the kitchen being knocked--not to the ground, but just clattering on the counter. I knew exactly what Molly was doing. I raced to the living room to see Molly running away from me--she and I both knew what she had done. I opened her mouth and found my zucchini bread--all in one piece--on the roof of her mouth. First baby miracle of the day--I got there in time and God helped me hear Molly! The spaying would have been postponed if she had eaten it.

Then I took the kids down to my friend's house and took Molly in. Everyone there was very nice and it was very quick. And, praise God, Molly was 41.4 pounds--under 50 pounds. When the dogs are over 50, the price jumps by $50 or so. And then I got some very good news! I was told I would have to carry her down the stairs for 14 days. The vet said no, she should be fine from the beginning, just take it slow. It was such a relief to get that news!

So, I left and went to the pet store and got myself a cup of coffee in my own cup from Starbucks. I don't get to enjoy it very often while running after everyone. So, I took a few minutes for me.

I went home and took care of the kids until lunch. Then I got a call and was told Molly would be ready at 3 p.m. Which was perfect because the oven repair man was coming between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. So, I ran over and got her (with my kids dropped off at my friend's house) and came back. The oven man came and fixed my oven. And, we still had time to dress like cows and go get free Chikfila to bring home for dinner since it was Cow Appreciation Day. What a huge blessing! No cooking tonight!

So, that was my day. A far better one than I had expected!

Oh, PS... I thought it would be fun to make a list of my favorite out of the way cookbooks. So, I did =) http://amzn.com/l/R3QELOW52T23JU

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am so glad to hear that everything went well. I hope you continue to have a wonderful weekend.