Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pride

My husband and I had a really good talk about pride last night. We both acknowledged that when he tells with people that I'm a stay at home mom with our 3 kids (1,3, and 5) and a puppy and that I homeschool, he always feels like he has to add on that I am a teacher by trade. I do the same thing at times--depending on who I'm talking to. It's as if I have to justify who I am or tell people that to feel better about who I am. It's not true. It's really a matter of pride on both our parts.

I homeschool because it is the best thing for our kids. Autumn is doing well and so is Sami. I am a stay at home mom who homeschools, period =)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i hope you had a chance to read my post for today.
http://www.thecorkums.com/blog/2009/08/04/bloghop-encouragement-for-moms-with-kids-in-tow

Your hubby should start telling people you have the "privilege" to stay at home with your kids :)