Sunday, July 19, 2009

A little Thank You

I was driving to church when I realized I wanted to write a thank you to everyone who has had a garage sale this summer. I garage sale every Saturday morning come the beginning of April through October. Rainy days and other things often preclude me going, but I love to go whenever I can. It gets my shopping out of my system. But, it's a lot more than that for me. I'm able to help provide for my family and stretch my husband's income through garage saling.

So, this is where my thank you comes in. Last week I had a garage sale of my own. It's a lot of work, but I was so excited to get things to people that wanted them and we couldn't use anymore. I was especially excited that a man came by looking for old cell phones for a woman's shelter and old eyeglasses for the Lion's club. I've been trying to donate them for 2 years and just haven't been able to find a place to do it!

Anyways, back to my thank you =) I know it's a lot of work and so I'm so thankful for all the people that have hosted or plan on hosting garage sales this summer. They really are a blessing to a lot of people--like us! =) It's your garage sales that help me to find the things I need for my children and husband at prices that I can afford. And things that I want, too. =) My girls are still thrilled 36 hours later with the My Little Pony playset that we brought home yesterday and the purse full of play necklaces!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Amen! I'm so glad your yard sale went well. Just as an aside, yesterday JB picked out the girls dresses for church (that is normally my job). He told me later, "I was looking at all their dresses, and it looks like you did a really good job of finding them some nice dresses. Are those all from yard sales?" Why yes... most of them are from yard sales! :) :)

Anne said...

Yay!! =)