Thursday, July 23, 2009

On a Lark

Yesterday, I was in Walmart and I bought a cd--completely on a lark. I try not to be an impulse purchaser. But, I heard the sample song, and I thought "Hmmm. I might like that." It was a CD put out by Fisher-Price of all companies, but what I say next will really surprise you--it was a Lullaby CD by Jewel. For some reason, though, it really appealed to me. I hesitated, but still bought it.

I had to take a drive to the airport yesterday so I put it in the cd player and started listening. The girls weren't so crazy about it--but it's not exactly Laurie Berkner. But, I enjoyed it. And then came song 11. Gloria. It was beautiful. Amazingly beautiful. Please go look it up on Amazon if you get a chance and listen. It blew me away to realize what a beautiful voice she has! I hope you enjoy it too!
=)

No comments: