Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Last entry for the day

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! Yesterday, while I was drinking my iced coffee at Starbucks--I needed to go get a new travel mug for my husband because the bottom fell off of his--I pulled my fingers through my hair. And--yuck--I found a huge black tick attached! I pulled it out easily, but it freaked me out for several hours. I wash my hair every day, so it couldn't have been there long. But, it still gives me the creeps! I'm going to call the doctor today and find out what I should do--if I should get a blood test or antibiotics. I always wondered when, not if, that would happen to me. I miss California where I never saw a tick!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Just remember, not all ticks carry Lymes. Hopefully this was one of the regular (still creepy) ticks.

Elisa Melani said...

I am so with you! My understanding is that with the big ones as long as you got it all out you are okay. It's the little ones that are harder to find that carry lymes.

Anne said...

It was a black bug and my doctor said not to worry. I'm trying to forget about it! =)