Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The House on Malcolm Street

This is the second of two fun fiction books I've read recently.  It sounded interesting.  So many fiction books are about war or Victorian England.  This book is different.  It is about a young mom who has lost her husband and baby boy.  She and her little daughter are traveling to go stay with one of her husband's aunt.  The title is The House on Malcolm Street.  It was written by Leisha Kelly.

Storyline:  Leah and Eliza go to live with her husband's Aunt Marigold.  They arrive to find that another of her nephews is also living with her.  Both have deep pain in their hearts that they are struggling to live with.

Writing:  The writing is really very good and easy to read.  The characters were vivid to me as was their pain and feelings.  I loved the character of Aunt Marigold and her love for Leah and Josiah. 

Plot:  The plot is more the interweaving of Leah, Eliza, Aunt Marigold, and Mr. Abraham's lives.  I am trying to put my finger on how I would summarize the plot without giving anything away.  It's a story of healing and God's love amidst pain even when people try to shut Him out.

This book is another good one to curl up with this fall as the leaves fall and the temperature drops!  

Please note that I was given a complimentary copy of this book for review by Revell Publishing.

No comments: