Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Almost there!

Wow! 3 more days left this week and then next week will be here! Monday we'll start homeschooling. I printed up my schedule of how to work my way through the subjects today and put them in my binder. It's so different venturing into first grade this year. I feel a lot more responsibility to cover what needs to be covered. I tested her reading level and she's starting out at independent 2nd grade/instructional 3rd. I can't believe how much her being able to read helps her to be so much more independent.

This morning she went downstairs and practiced her piano lessons on her own =)

I went through the checklist that I have for Sami for PreK4 and it surprised me to see how much she has learned by sitting with Autumn and me on Autumn's lessons the past 2 years. There isn't a lot for her to learn before kindergarten! Goodness. =) Sami is very competitive and always trying to keep up with Autumn. It is definitely showing in a good way.

No comments: